Holder Information Section:
- Complete the General Information and Contact Information sections.
- A Holder ID is not required to create and submit a report in Nebraska.
Property Information Section:
- Select an Owner ID Type.
- Select SSN (Social Security Number) if the owner is an individual.
- Select FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number) if the owner is a business.
- Select a Property Code that closely matches the item being remitted.
- Fill in the Check Number or Unique ID. It is a required field.
- Fill in both the Initial Amount and the Amount Paid. If either is blank, the report will reflect $0 for the property.
- If you include properties for owners outside Nebraska, select Nebraska for the Alternate Filing State. Failing to do will
result in UPExchange creating a separate report for properties with out-of-state owners.
- Enter all other owner and property data that you possess, such as first name, middle initial, SSN/FEIN, date of birth, and address.
- Under the Reporting tab, select State Reports.
- Choose Nebraska and the current report year.
- Click Next.
- Select Yes if the amount is correct.
- Generate My State File.
- When a window pops up on the screen, select Save File.
- Save the report to your computer in a place where it can be easily accessed later.
- Do not attempt to open this file; you do not have the software to view this encrypted file.
- Once the HDE file is created, you may submit it on our website; or you may burn it on a CD or copy it to a floppy disk and mail it
to the following address:
Nebraska State Treasurerís Office
Unclaimed Property Division
809 P Street
Lincoln, NE 68508